X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Shawn Starr sstarr at platform.com
Wed Oct 29 16:29:54 UTC 2008

It is a regression.  Why in heck would switching from from tty0 to tty1 I see X then switch to tty2 see console again? There's a good reason for it being on tty7, so it's out ot the fscking (especially when X CRASHES on VT switch back to X :P [See ATI, composite mess and all that jazz]).

Yes, even if there is a workaround, a lot of us 'old' folk are programmed from the old days of seeing X on tty7.

This just seems pretty stupid to put it on tty1 *WHEN* TTY2 is console!  text, X, text, text, text.... c'mon people think smart!

Shawn.