Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Oct 29 17:42:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Dax Kelson <dkelson at gurulabs.com> wrote:

> Most (all?) of the technologies you mentioned are cross-distribution.
> Everybody switched, compatibility across distributions was maintained.

Right, because it was driven by the desktop, which besides the kernel
is the only point of technology sharing between vendors that we have.
Everything in between distributions tend to reinvent in their own
little sandbox, which is a tendency we have to fight strongly.

If you like, we can make GDM depend on plymouth =)