Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 01:37:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM, seth vidal
>> I think the first two above  are more OUR problem than their problem,
>> though.
>
> So no one notices the process communication now. I'm not seeing anyone
> suggest a better way to communicate these sorts of things.
>
> -jef"I guess I could start writing a weekly content column called the
> Ye Ol' Curmudgeon as part of Fedora Mag where I discuss how new
> features are going to impact people who pine for the featureset of rhl
> 6.2.  Though I don't know if I can muster enough sarcasm to keep it
> fresh and entertaining on a regular basis."spaleta

Actually I was thinking about this on the way home. One of the issues
with communicating these things is that we do have to regularly spam
lists with whats going on... its part of being a big group.. you have
to communicate regularly, clearly, and precisely. You will still get
people who will say "What do you mean TTY1 is now a pink pony?" but it
also allows for more people who are only able to catch up on things
once a week or so to know whats going on.

1. Groups need to know where to give regular reports. fedora-devel,
fedora-list, fedora-pony-list?
2. People need to know where to discuss those reports.. if its
XYZ-list thats fine.. but it needs to be clear.
3. Groups need to be able to communicate what they are doing with
regular intervals in incremental steps:
  A. We implemented pony this week. Please see
http://wiki/PonyProject_Stage1 for what this looks like, and the
changes it has done.
  B. We implemented pink this week. We are looking for people to see
if this breaks any apps that are looking for old purple pony's.
Mockups at BLAH with instructions to test or you can use virt.img to
test for yourself.

I think those 3 things would help a lot.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux