Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 30 15:30:37 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> I'd expect most people who install fedora themselves to have at least
>>> a couple of other OS's running concurrently.  Has anyone done a poll
>>> about this recently?
>>
>> Why would you expect that?
>
> Because it is experimental and high maintenance to run.

I beg to differ. Building KDE from trunk, now /that's/ "experimental and
high maintenance", and even that not so much. The only problem I've had
with Fedora 8/9 is the cr*p nvidia drivers don't work quite right on my
setup, and that's hardly Fedora's fault.

Maintenance... sure, I run 'yum update' every few days, big deal :-).
Most of the Fedora-related headaches I run into are from needing a newer
package than what's in the official updates due to a requirement in
KDE's trunk (like cmake 2.6.2, which I'm hoping will get pushed through
before it becomes a hard requirement in a few weeks).

--
Matthew
This was, apparently, beyond her ken.  So far beyond her ken that she