Fedora on EEE?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 16:27:10 UTC 2008

>>> Fedora works great on those. I'm happily running F10 since snap2.
>>> All I needed was an akmod from rpmfusion (rt2860sta driver) and
>>> a pm quirk to re-enable screen after resume.
>>>

> Well, it chokes on my WPA.

Are you using WPA2 (or WPA+WPA2) on your AP? I have the same issue with mine
but it started working once I just set my AP to plain WPA. This driver is
being re-written for upstream inclusion so I suspect the problem will go
away once that is complete. It just seems to be taking ages.

Cool. Got any "how to" pages handy?

>> Anyway, a couple question about Fedora on EEE...
>>
>> - Does Fedora know about multi-touch? (The default Xandros uses
>> multi-touch for scrolling, not very reliable but still nice to have.)
>>

> Not sure, how can I try?
>
>  - What FS is best? (Given that you're dealing with a SSD.) Also, does the
>> lack of swap cause any "interesting" problems? Any other caveats related to
>> the SSD?
>>

> Sorry, I have a HDD version.

I asked this question about ext4 and what options to use. I suspect that we
don't have a FS optimised for SSDs as yet. There's UBIFS but I'm not sure
whether that's for SSDs or just pure Flash devices.

Peter