Help Needed: Figure out F9 Updates PackageKit deps

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 3 08:39:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Richard Hughes wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 23:44 +0100, M A Young wrote:
>> For example if gnome-packagekit needs updating as well (though I don't
>> think it does)
>
> Yes it does. gnome-packagekit versions are in lock-step with PackageKit
> versions.

Well the question is whether the old gnome-packagekit would work with the
new PackageKit, but trying to downgrade gnome-packagekit shows you are
indeed correct because the original gnome-packagekit wants
libpackagekit.so.3 but but the current PackageKit-libs gives
libpackagekit.so.4

>> you would have to make the package "unique" available
>> somewhere because that dependency was added between the Fedora 9
>> release and the current version.
>
> Correct. I think you'll need:
>
> PackageKit, gnome-packagekit, unique
plus of course PackageKit-libs and yum-packagekit which are direct
requirements for PackageKit.

 	Michael Young