Dependency loops considered harmful?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:52:01 UTC 2008

2008/9/4 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com>:
> If it goes in /etc/yum.conf then either one could be the default.  A
> setting in a config file can be scripted in a kickstart, deployed by
> puppet, or set by an individual user once and then forgotten.

As long as the 'normals' get access to it via packagekit.  I expect
the vast majority of people who care about your usage case will prefer
using yum on the cmdline over packagekit.  You might be able to argue
that yum on the commandline should not default to leaf pruning on
removal, but you would be hard pressed I think to make the same
argument about packagekit's default setting.

-jef