Kernel-headers from Fedora 8 updates missing ext3_fs.h

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Sep 5 16:06:33 UTC 2008

Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Howard Wilkinson wrote:
>
>>> What do you need the ext3_fs.h header for?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -Eric
>>>

>> I am trying to rebuild the anaconda package and it uses ext3_fs.h! I
>> have got around this by downgrading the kernel temporarily but that is
>> obviously not a good idea!
>>

> bleah, well, it probably shouldn't.   :)  And recent anaconda doesn't
> seem to.

Attached is a patch to the anaconda package applicable to the F-8 branch.

This should make it build again.

FWIW, there's more things in Fedora 8 fixed later in rawhide, but never
ported back. See
http://git.kanarip.com/?p=anaconda;a=shortlog;h=f8-branch-maintenance
for more info (clone from git://git.kanarip.com/anaconda)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip