Why I'll leave fedora (french speaking people only) [1]

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Sun Sep 7 12:18:49 UTC 2008

Vasile Gaburici wrote:
> Well, I can read French. Reading that long diatribe on bugzilla
> reminded me of some talk pages on less reputable forums and wikis...
> Also, the "Zig Heil" in the email sent to this list is getting close
> to Godwin's law.
>
> I'm not going to comment on the long-term ban because I don't know the
> specifics, but I think a bit of moderation wouldn't hurt both sides in
> this matter. If administrative abuse did happen, I'm sure there's a
> civilized way to address it.

Right, there is clearly a need for mediation here. I read one of the
forum discussions that led to Alain's ban, and there is indeed evidence
of some verbal abuse and unfortunate postings, evidence of someone
having a bad linux day. While this is hardly an excuse, the month ban
seems harsh. Alain feels he has been cut off from his main source of
packaging technical help. Maybe we should create a fedora-devel-fr
mailing list ?

I don't know what happened about the IRC channels ban. Hopefully Johan
can post the logs and explain.

-denis