make force-tag gone

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 16:15:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 3:40 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Scratch builds are not a solution, as there's no way to turn a scratch build
> into a non-scratch one without resubmitting the build from scratch (no pun
> intended) as a non-scratch one, which wastes both my time and Koji's resources.

Is that a hard impossibility or a soft impossibility?  As in... can a
reasonable amount of technnical work be done to make it possible to
turn a scratch build into a non-scratch build and associate a cvs tag
with it without doing the full rebuild from scratch?

Such a facility would be the logical next step as a counter balance to
immutable tagging.

-jef