Banned from Fedora Forums

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:37:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:17:08 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > I've just been banned from the Fedora Forums [1].
> > [1] http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1078445#post1078439
> > [2] http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=192791
>
> I would need to know which specific guideline that was referred to.
> I'm not sure what "multiple postings" in this context means.

In forums like that it is tried to keep open only a single thread for the
same [or similar] topic. To avoid that the same issue is discussed in many
different threads (or in different sub-forums). "Multiple postings" is if
the same reply is posted in multiple threads, and especially if multiple
similar [and possibly old] threads are refreshed by posting to them.