Banned from Fedora Forums

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:09:54 UTC 2008

2008/9/9 Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>:
> Maybe the Board should re-evaluated whether we should continue to
> promote that as our #1 choice.

Yeah, let's just add fuel to the fire and crank up the tension over this issue.

How about we backup... and just figure out..specifically what line was
crossed..so we can try to avoid having that line crossed again.

We could have the same blasted problem in any moderated communications
medium.  In fact I believe we have already seen this happen in other
contexts... or do I need to remind you about the French sub-community
problems we've been experiencing.

Was this banning incident precedent setting for this forum? Have
others been previously banned for the same stated reason? Is the
stated reason actually part of the communicated guidance for
interaction in the forum?  Questions I'm not going to find answers for
here. I'll have to walk over to fedora forum's admin team and ask them
these questions. And having them on the defensive because someone has
suggested already that we re-evaluate our relationship with them isn't
going to help.  These are all questions I need some reasonable answers
to before I'm willing to engage in bridge burning at some a high
level.

-jef