Boot speedup with readahead

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 9 21:33:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 13:57 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 13:51 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > Shouldn't this be done on RPM level?  Isn't this pretty much an extension of
> > RPM triggers?  Or it's so hard to do that that we now want to move stuff to yum?
>

> a proof of concept plugin for yum is almost finished. If we want to move
> it to the rpm layer, fine. The rpm devs are busy and getting this added
> to rpm will take some time. I don't really see the problem in working on
> it here.

Here's a proof of concept plugin:

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/post-transaction-actions/

put the .py file in /usr/lib/yum-plugins
put the .conf file in /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/
make an /etc/yum/post-actions/ and put the .action file in there - add
more .action files as you'd like.

run yum transactions and see what happens...

-sv