make force-tag gone

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 02:13:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 16:39 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Denis Leroy wrote:
> > Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >> Actually... tagging an unsuccessful build is useful.  How else do you
> >> take a look at what caused a particular build to fail?
> >
> > cvs update -D 'koji build time'
> >
> > There's already a safeguard that won't let you build if the files are
> > not checked in.
> >
> timestamp is imprecise (skew between machines, checkin that happens
> between submitting a build job and processing, getting timezones wrong).
>  It's one of the many reasons you don't build from timestamp always.

If koji is the one that determine the timestamp these shouldn't really
be big problems, and the timestamped tag is useful just to connect the
job that has been run with the exact version of CVS files used to run
it. It's all koji controlled and matched by teh same timestamp being
saved as part of the build metadata so unless you fear that 2 builds for
the same package can start at the exact same moment I don't think it is
going to be a big deal, is it ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York