Plan for tomorrows (20080910) FESCO meeting

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 14:08:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 04:02:24PM +0200, Jochen Schmitt wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:43:36 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>I think we need to talk about the make force-tag change.  It was simply
>>done, with no discussion by rel-eng or FESCo.
>
>I thank ther is a simple reason for removing this feature.
>
>'make force-tag allow you to build serveral releases of you
>package with the same release number, so you can determinate
>which content in the cvs belongs to a specific build in koji.
>
>This breaks the rules in the fedora project to increase the
>release number for every build.
>
>This may the reason to remove this feature so you don't make the
>people to easy to move tags in the cvs repository.

Sure.  I understand that.  It was still done without any discussion or
mention to FESCo or rel-eng.  It impacts developers (as should be apparent
from the already long thread on it) and changes like that should at least
get approval before being done.

So, even if FESCo retro-actively approves the change, I'd like to at least
try to actually follow some semblance of process here.

josh