Plan for tomorrows (20080910) FESCO meeting

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 15:10:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 09:49 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> it was quietly added, 16 months ago, because someone inside Red Hat complained
> that fedoras makefile.common was different to Red Hat's  it should have never
> been added in the first place.

Except that the TAG_OPTS=-F had been there for much much longer, and had
been used the same way.  We did discuss a while ago removing the option
to force-tag, everywhere, and the pushback was pretty much the same.
Solve the problem some other way rather than destroying the ability to
force-tag on broken builds.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!