Fedora 8 and 9 updates re-enabled

Tom tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 10 16:07:23 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 09:58:53 am Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> +++ Tom [10/09/08 09:15 -0500]:
> >    Worked flawlessly.  F9 + updates, T61 laptop (all Intel)
>
> I hit a problem with updating yum-utils: it wants yum >= 3.2.19
> and the only version available is 3.2.17 in stable.

   These are currently installed, I don't remember if they were (new
key) updates.  I was mainly lookin for kde updates

 ~ $ frpm yum   (frpm is an alias)
yum-utils-1.1.14-4.fc9.noarch
yum-3.2.17-2.fc9.noarch
yum-metadata-parser-1.1.2-8.fc9.i386
yum-fastestmirror-1.1.16-1.fc9.noarch
yum-packagekit-0.2.5-1.fc9.i386

    FWIW, it was all auto on the CL.  This mornin, d/l'd new key
packages (5?, usin the old key), then 45 updates were installed
with 'yumup'  (alias yumup='yum --skip-broken upgrade')
--
    Tom Brinkman                     Corpus Christi, Texas