Heads-up: libdap and libnc-dap updates

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Sep 10 17:21:50 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 08:22:33AM -0600, orion at cora.nwra.com wrote:

> libnc-dap (shouldn't need work, right?):
> grads/grads.spec:BuildRequires:  libnc-dap-devel
> ncl/ncl.spec:BuildRequires:  g2clib-devel, libnc-dap-devel, librx-devel,
> atlas-devel
> nco/nco.spec:BuildRequires:  netcdf-devel, libnc-dap-devel
> octave-forge/octave-forge.spec:BuildRequires:  ImageMagick-c++-devel
> libnc-dap-devel pcre-devel gsl-devel
>

> Seems pretty small, and you already seem to maintain many (most) of them.
> How hard would it be to port to the new libdap and just skip the compat
> package?  I've CC'ed Balint who maintains gdal.  I maintain ncl.

I have  kicked a build of libdap and dependent packages.

Packages linked against libnc-dap will also need a rebuild, since they
spuriously depend on libdap. With the new nc-dap-config using pkgconfig,
this should be the last time, though.

In
  # repoquery --whatrequires libdap.so.8
there are, among others:

  grads-0:1.9b4-23.fc9.i386
  octave-forge-0:20080429-6.fc10.i386
  ncl-0:5.0.0-11.fc9.i386
  nco-0:3.9.5-1.fc10.i386

So they need to be rebuilt, but there is no reason why they should fail.

I'll rebuild them if they are not rebuilt shortly after the new
libnc-dap lands in the repository.

--
Pat