change isdn4k-utils to optional

Conrad Meyer konrad at tylerc.org
Sun Sep 14 09:07:07 UTC 2008

Quoth Ralf Corsepius:
> I.e. nowadays, in Germany, ISDN is still a major player in voice phone
> communication, while ISDN dialups are rapidly following the importance
> of analog dialups.
>
> Finally, consider, there is another set of use-cases for ISDN on Linux:
> phone-applications (answering machines, fax-servers, ...).

Right, the OP wasn't talking about removing the package from Fedora entirely,
but disabling it as a default installed package. Users who need ISDN for
non-internet purposes can always download the isdn packages from
repositories, whereas those who need it to connect to the internet would be
out of luck if it was disabled by default (for new installs, anyways).

> Ralf
>
> [1] http://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/media/archive/13212.pdf
> [German Federal Network Agency's 2007 Annual Report (German only)]

Regards,
--
Conrad Meyer <konrad at tylerc.org>