make force-tag gone

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sun Sep 14 14:10:32 UTC 2008

On Sunday 14 September 2008 09:19:50 Steve Grubb wrote:
> In the mean time I will needlessly bump my package release number and add a
> commit message stating why I changed my package for the next release. I
> hope PackageKit can display all the text this creates for my release notes.

OK, it took 3 builds to get libprelude squared away. Now because force-tag is
no longer available, we have libprelude-0.9.20.2-1 in rawhide and
libprelude-0.9.20.2-3 aimed at F-9 inclusion.

Does anaconda favor packages that are part of the right release even when the
release number is smaller? Was this one of the consequences considered before
implementing a mandatory policy?

Whoever does that n-v-r upgrade from F-9 to F-10 report may need to take into
account that we all have to increment release numbers which makes it real
hard to get the upgrade path right if anaconda does not favor packages within
its own repo.

-Steve