Fedora not "free" enough for GNU?

Jeff Moe moe at blagblagblag.org
Sun Sep 14 17:06:32 UTC 2008

/me delurks to make small correction, re: BLAG....

> Having looked through a number of the blag packages, a good majority
> of the changes is rebranding components like anaconda.

Correct, and building various other packages for the repo and plundering livna,
freshrpms, etc for more packages to include by default on the CD and repo, and
changing a few default settings to make things more lightweight.

> There are a number of changes though that definitely make it qualify
> as a derivative, such as choosing jack over pulseaudio.

I agree it's more of a derivative (branch?) than a spin. But we don't use jack
by default in BLAG, it uses pulseaudio.  In FREEEEE ( http://freeeee.org), a
distro/spin/derivative based on BLAG for Asus EeePC computers, jack is used by
default (and rocks). That's probably what you were thinking of.

-Jeff