Fedora not "free" enough for GNU?

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Sun Sep 14 23:59:25 UTC 2008

Jeff Moe wrote:

> Hmm, they should be sure. It seems reasonably clear the USA Federal Government
> has been able to intercept Skype since at least 2005. Presumably other
> governments can buy this service as well.

If the service was widely available then why did the Bavarian
police bother with malware-style solutions to Skype interception
in 2007?

<http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Skype_and_the_Bavarian_trojan_in_the_middle>

Given the attractiveness of Skype interception to non-US intelligence
agencies, I can't imagine the US government would be too happy with
Skype offering interception services to most non-US governments.

Best wishes, Glen

--
  Glen Turner   <http://www.gdt.id.au/~gdt/>