NetworkworkManger and network based filesystem /usr

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Mon Sep 15 03:23:49 UTC 2008

Jeff Law <law at redhat.com> wrote:

[...]

> It  must die die die.  We're far better off making root filesystems
> sharable and readonly.

/etc at the very least is a /intensely/ personal issue for each machine...
We had local / and shared /usr and so on for ages under assorted Unices
here, and then for Linux. True, today disks are much cheaper; but old
habits are long in dying.
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513