non-responsive maintainer 'misa': mx and pyOpenSSL packages up for adoption

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 03:55:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:
> I would like to request a short-circuit of the Non-responsive
> Maintainer process, for Mihai Ibanescu, FAS account 'misa', formerly a
> Red Hat employee.

Sort of +1.  We need some sort of policy for former RH'ers, with the
understanding that not all of them will abandon their Fedora
responsibilities when leaving RH. David Woodhouse is an excellent
example of this.

However, where the circumstances make it clear that they have no
intent to continue maintenance of their Fedora packages, such as here,
I don't think that the entire process need be invoked.

I also don't want this to devolve into a "Red Hat vs. community"
thing, whereby we have different standards for folks that are or were
employed by Red Hat vs. folks who aren't, so any policy that we come
up with for fast-tracking the non-responsive process (which I think
can be appropriate in circumstances such as this) needs to be broadly
applicable,

I'll open a FESCo trac ticket on this so we don't lose sight of it.

Other thoughts?