Unstripped .so files in python packages

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 02:46:27 UTC 2008

Paul wrote:
> Hi Toshio,
>
>> They should be detected and stripped by rpmbuild.  If the sources are
>> checked in I can take a look.
>
> The srpm is at pfj.fedorapeople.org - not sure why rpmbuild is not
> stripping them or why it's generating a debug_package when I've told it
> not to!

That's part of the problem... you want to have a debug package in this case.

Attaching a spec file that cleans a few things up.

this needs some commenting on, though.  The include files in the old
package weren't done very well.  It moved headers from things like:

%{python_sitearch}/mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxh.h => %{_includedir}/mxh.h
%{python_sitearch}/mx/BeeBase/mxBeeBase/mxh.h =>  %{_includedir}/mxh.h

That, of course bashes some files.

The new code in the spec file places things in:

%{_includedir}/mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxh.h
%{_inlcudedir}/mx/BeeBase/mxBeeBase/mxh.h

This is not necessarily the best structure (we could cut out either the
DateTime directory or the mxDateTime directory in the above example).
It also requires modules that need the headers (for instance,
python-psycopg) to define a different directory for the headers in order
to compile.

-Toshio