Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Sep 16 03:14:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 21:30 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 15:02 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 16:59 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > > I regret having to state this, but I have been thinking Fedora has quit
> > > being a "general purpose distro" for quite a while.
> >
> > More to the point, the only large active group trying to move things
> > forward for Fedora are those that care about the Desktop experience,
> > ergo those are the directions Fedora is going in.  It's a serve yourself
> > kind of project, it is what you make of it.
> >

> I think you're begging the question.
>
> Ralf is saying that the changes the desktop teams wants to make are not
> FORWARD.
Correct.

> They are in a direction that is sub-optimal for various things.
Also correct.

> And to be fair a lot of other people who do things with fedora don't
> require large changes for that to happen. The folks providing functional
> daemons, for example, they don't need much more than a quasi-stable base
> to run on.
Exactly.

At least I would not complain, if things "just worked". Unfortunately
this doesn't apply. With each Fedora release, I experience things which
are advertised as "revolutionary new features/great achievements" to
actually worsen my use-cases. Often this is presumably because these new
developments did not take into account certain setups'/use-cases'
requirements and likely had been designed on single-user-desktops.

Ralf