scratch-build on untagged code [Was: Re: Proposal: Better force-tag]

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 08:02:24 UTC 2008

On 2008-09-15, 20:49 GMT, Doug Ledford wrote:
> I *could* do an srpm build to test ppc/ppc64 kernel builds, but
> it takes 30 minutes for a kernel srpm to upload to the build
> system from here (admittedly, I do this on my rhel kernel
> builds, I haven't been messing with Fedora kernels, but the
> point is valid regardless), so I commit, tag, build, fix,
> force-tag, build, fix, etc.

I don't want to immerse myself into this discussion (which
I haven't heard and read before), but this looks like bad
workaround around stupid problem. The problem here is IMHO that
koji is apparently not able to make a scratch build from untagged
(but commited) code. Why? This is a thing I really hate myself,
but fortunately (for me) none of the packages I want to build has
size which would make it too difficult just to make srpm; koji
build --scratch *.src.rpm

Isn't there a better solution for this?

Matěj