recover from broken yum transaction

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Sep 21 22:42:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 17:55:40 -0300,
  Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 07:05:37 -0300,
> >   Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> I do.  But how do you propose to script that over 10+ (or 100+ :-)
> boxes?

If you are scripting it, shouldn't you be able to run yum not attached to
any terminal? For example you might run it in the background with the -y
option. The clients could even be polling a local mirror so that you could
use changes to the mirror to start the update process. You'd still have to
make sure that the updates actually occured, but it should be rare for
them to get killed in the middle of updating.