Tried Pulse Audio Again--No Good For A11y

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 23:54:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
> 1) Unix shell over ssh - we're not breaking this, but it is what it is
> 2) Access currently logged in desktop over VNC/your-protocol-here via vino

Correct me if I'm wrong. Does remote vnc access via vino wake up the
locally locked display still in F10?  Is that okay from a security
perspective?

I don't know how to reconcile the security arguments being made for
pulseaudio with regard to disabling streams on console switching, with
the fact that our default remote desktop implementation as implemented
by vino wakes up the local console screen, even if its a locked
session, if you connect remotely to the desktop in F9.  I feel there's
a disconnect here as to what a secure desktop experience is suppose to
be.

-jef"the disconnect could just be in my head"spaleta