specspo and PackageKit

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 24 14:13:42 UTC 2008

> I'm just trying to comprehend how we'd generate this information for
> the repodata in any sort of sane manner, and failing miserably. You'd
> need to have every run of createrepo check out some source controlled
> translation directory, and munge it with intltool (aiyeeeeeeeee) into
> a separate translated XML file.

No, you don't need to do it on every run of createrepo. You can do it
after the fact, if you want and then hit the repo with modifyrepo to add
the translation data. You could even have a separate
repomd-translation.xml which lists out the translation files available
and their checksums, etc.

The whole point is specspo isn't useful on its own anymore. I understand
things we may do from here will take some work but specspo just takes up
space w/o providing any functionality at all afaict.

-sv