Tried Pulse Audio Again--No Good For A11y

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 24 17:54:41 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>> Thinking of your computer as a single piece might make sense for
>>> someone who only has one, but does anyone really run fedora as their
>>> one and only computer?
>>
>> That's like saying Fedora should only be targeted at highly tech-savvy
>> users, which I have to take issue at. Do we really want to limit
>> ourselves to that audience?
>
> If you don't serve that audience or offer a forward path beyond entry
> level, who do you serve and who is going to promote it?

Of course we /should/ serve those users, I never suggested otherwise!
But should we serve /only/ those users?

It's fine and good to make things work for people that do session
hopping. I just didn't like how the original question seemed to imply
that those are the only people we care about.

Maybe you could have asked instead, "do we really expect that no one
running Fedora has more then one computer?", which indicates a positive
interest in such people without seeming to assume that they are the only
group that exists.

--
Matthew
I was recently amused by issuing 'rm -rf $KDEDIR'... from Konsole, while