please deactivate services by default!

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 23:06:24 UTC 2008

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

>>> the slow part is the aliases generation.
>> Oh, if only unix-like systems had a common tool to quickly determine if
>> the source text file is newer than the dependent db...
>
> Um, am I missing something here or is the answer simply:
> make

Actually I'm not sure.  If make is installed it is used intelligently
for most of the db's, but in my admittedly not current fedora setup it
looks like newaliases is run blindly on every startup.  Is there some
reason for that?  If make is not installed it might cost you some time
anyway.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com