please deactivate services by default!

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 25 00:19:11 UTC 2008

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 06:54:01PM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Ok, that's acceptable just as long as "local delivery" is still a choice
>> and ensures that sendmail gets installed. And as long as upgrading
>> doesn't break systems where this currently works. (And as long as cron
>> can still deliver notifications... for which we still need a mail
>> daemon.)
>
> I don't know exactly what you mean with mail daemon, but I don't think
> that there is such a requirement.

Maybe I'm confusing with some other things said in the thread. To
clarify, cron needs to be able to deliver notifications. If the chosen
delivery method is "local delivery" (which is what I currently use, as I
find it more convenient), then that needs to work.

> Now the right package could be installed depending on the user choice,
> but I don't think we should try to be too smart.

I think it's really important that cron still works as expected :-).

--
Matthew
I was recently amused by issuing 'rm -rf $KDEDIR'... from Konsole, while