please deactivate services by default!

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Sep 25 16:51:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:24:45AM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> ...I still feel that this is a problem. Scenario:
>
> If we're going to disable important system functionality, it's

It is acritical system functionnality for your use case. But for other
use cases it is something annoying, it fills /var/spool with unneeded
data, there is a daemon running (only listening on localhost, but
still). your use case is not superior to the use case of a user not
wanting to have a smtp daemon in the default case.

--
Pat