make mail go somewhere by default [was Re: please deactivate services by default!]

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 20:37:42 UTC 2008

Just hit upon gnubiff. What do you think of it? Can we get it to
notify users who don't use the ttys about mail? I have never used it
myself, so I am not sure.

----

http://gnubiff.sourceforge.net/

gnubiff is a mail notification program that checks for mail and
displays headers when new mail has arrived.

gnubiff features include:

    * Multiple mailbox support
    * pop3, apop, imap4, mh, qmail and mailfile support
    * SSL & certificates support
    * GNOME support with complete integration to panel
    * GTK stand-alone support
    * Support for the system tray
    * Support for running without GUI or X
    * Automatic detection of mailbox format