please deactivate services by default!

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 25 22:18:32 UTC 2008

Christoph � wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 25.09.2008, 15:22 -0500 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
>> Christoph � wrote:
>>
>> (What is the symbol in your name supposed to be, incidentally?
>> Thunderbird is rendering it as a ? in a diamond.)
>
> You are the one talking about obfuscating sender ;)

...just the e-mail address :-).

> No, its just an ö,
> as in Höger, my name. This mail should be encoded in utf-8 (hope that
> doesn't break your backup ;) I cannot efford a lawyer),

Nah, unless you're a grossly-overpaid CEO, you wouldn't have enough
money ;-).

> so I assume your decoding doesn't work well.

Apparently not :-(. I guess Thunderbird has problems with UTF8 in
subjects (or else it's a gmane limitation). Strange. Anyway, thanks for
enlightening me. (Oh, and, yes, the body is fine, it's just the message
list pane, and when I go to reply.)

>> If someone could clear this up, it would help.
>
> I was only talking about the daemon started at bootup what is not
> usefull IMO.

If local mail still works (does it?), why are we having this
conversation? :-) (Read: why did it take so long to get this cleared up,
and how did the original statement that "cron won't work any more" get
made in the first place?)

--
Matthew
"You know what Microsoft's problem really is? They've lost the ability