please deactivate services by default!

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Thu Sep 25 23:34:52 UTC 2008

Patrice Dumas wrote:
>  Well it should not be changed within
> a release, nor by updates, but I would find it normal to have it broken
> by clean installs (with release notes, if possible).
>
> --
> Pat

This particular problem doesn't concern me since my work does not depend
on sendmail. But I think that a logical error is being made here. For
repeat users, I don't see a real difference between updates and clean
installs. I, for one, am very willing to install a new release since it
will clean out accumulated junk. The only thing that I will keep from
the old release is /home. I don't think that I would find it acceptable
that previously assumed features just stopped working. Breaking cron or
side effects of cron is unacceptable.