unfrozen repo somewhere?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Sep 26 12:31:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 08:02:25AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

> And by the point you get to Beta, you want all your testing focused on a
> single tree.  So having a Beta tree that nobody is testing before Beta release
> is pretty pointless.  That is one of the major reasons for freezing rawhide,
> so that you get a single tree to test, triage, and focus bug efforts on.

I understand that for installs/upgrades using anaconda, thus for images,
but for users that track rawhide, being able to test if bugs are fixed
without doing a local rebuild is handy. Especially for packages that are
not at the core of the distribution. I guess that maybe it isn't very
practical, but the frozen packages in rawhide could be a subset of the
packages, including everything in the minimal buildroot, in some groups,
say @base, @base-x, @code, @fedora-packager, @hardware-support,
@input-methods, @legacy-software-development, @legacy-software-support,
@printing, @system-tools, and their dependencies, and the kernel
(and maybe @admin-tools).