rpmbuild post install checks

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 15:13:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have tarred up my post install build checks that found the /bin /sbin linked
to /usr problems. It can be downloaded from:

http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/files/rpmbuild-checks.tar.gz

The tarball has installation instructions in the README file. If any test
fails, it stops the build and rpms are not written. I have about 10 checks
and would like to add more. I would also like to take any contributions that
can look for problems at build time. The intent is to find problems in local
builds before pushing it out to Koji for an official build.

Comments?

-Steve

----------------------
Typical output:

******** Starting special post build checks ********
Checking man page encoding
 Checking compressed pages...
 Checking uncompressed pages...
 No man page encoding problems found
Looking for shell script errors
 Locating executables...
 Refining list to shell scripts...
 Examining shell scripts...
 No problems found
Looking for insecure tmp file usage in shell scripts
 Locating shell scripts...
 No problems found
Looking for exec stack errors
 No problems found
Looking for group writable dirs
 Scanning /bin ...
 Scanning /boot ...
 Scanning /etc ...
 Scanning /lib ...
 Scanning /lib64 ...
 Scanning /sbin ...
 Scanning /tmp ...
 Scanning /usr ...
 Scanning /var/account ...
 Scanning /var/cache ...
 Scanning /var/crash ...
 Scanning /var/db ...
 Scanning /var/gdm ...
 Scanning /var/lib ...
 Scanning /var/local ...
 Scanning /var/lock ...
 Scanning /var/nis ...
 Scanning /var/run ...
 Scanning /var/tmp ...
 Scanning /var/www ...
 Scanning /var/yp ...
 No problems found
Looking for world writable dirs
 No problems found
Looking for world writable files
 No problems found
Looking for files in /bin /sbin linked to something in /usr
 No problems found
Looking for elf files that were somehow not stripped during install
 No problems found
Running /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths
Running /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
******** Post build checks successfully completed ********