Creating a core dump / backtrace from /bin/login

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Sep 26 20:26:29 UTC 2008

Hiyas,

pam_mount is crashing /bin/login under special circumstances when I login via
a text console and I would like to get a backtrace. In a recent thread using
a core dump was suggested for a crashing window manager, but it was needed to
run a "ulimit -c unlimited" or similiar to get the core dump in the shell
before the window manager is started. But how can I do this for /bin/login?

Regards,
Till