nspluginwrapper and nppdf.so (Adobe Acrobat)

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Sep 1 12:55:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

It seems that nspluginwrapper is standard installed in F9, also on
32-bit systems.  But it looks it does not work well with nppdf.so
(Adobe Acrobat 8.1.2), at least not on 32-bit systems.  Is this a
known issue?

When I add "nppdf*" to IGNORE_WRAP in /etc/sysconfig/nspluginwrapper
(and run "mozilla-plugin-confg -r" so that the symlinks will be
recreated at the next firefox start), everything seems to work ok.
But when I use the wrapper with nppdf.so, firefox starts behaving
problematic most times when opening a PDF link (it often more or
less freezes for that tab).

Thanks,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>