wtf ... Something strips installed binaries???

Mary Ellen Foster foster at in.tum.de
Tue Sep 2 09:03:53 UTC 2008

2008/9/2 Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>:
> (2) How do I tell automated cron jobs NOT to interfere with installed
> binaries?

I can't comment on the other issues, but for this question, you
probably want to drop a file into /etc/prelink.conf.d to "blacklist"
the files you don't need prelinked. Based on the example that's there
(nss-prelink.conf), you want to include lines like this:
    -b /pattern/that/matches/file*

I once had a program that stopped working after prelink ran, but
that's just because it checked its own md5sum and then "called home"
to see if there was a newer version available. I've never seen it
actually break anything about the executable itself.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München