rawhide report: 20080829 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 18:23:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 11:03 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> It's not as if the extra-arches hack is difficult to set up, so I'd
> imagine that the threshold would be pretty low, but it's quite
> possible that there's some overhead or disadvantage I'm not aware of.

Basically the problem is that it's a buildsystem level hack, one that
can be easily forgotten and one that isn't easily reproduced on a user's
system  (rpmbuild foo.src.rpm won't produce the same output).  That's
why I'd rather see it done at the rpm level so that we don't have to
have buildsystem level hacks that get forgotten over time.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!