Help Needed: Figure out F9 Updates PackageKit deps

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 2 22:44:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> If you are assuming that they already have PackageKit installed (and hence
> already have the dependencies installed), wouldn't you just need to include
> the new PackageKit (assuming there are no new dependencies) and the new
> Fedora-Release packages in the repo?

I don't think there is any substitute for testing it, preferably with the
minimal install of Fedora that contains PackageKit. The rpms tell you that
you definitely need yum-packagekit and PackageKit-libs but are there any
other ones that also need updating or adding?

For example if gnome-packagekit needs updating as well (though I don't
think it does) you would have to make the package "unique" available
somewhere because that dependency was added between the Fedora 9 release
and the current version.

 	Michael Young