Help Needed: Figure out F9 Updates PackageKit deps

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Tue Sep 2 23:59:02 UTC 2008

Warren Togami wrote:
> Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
>>
>> I guess the test packages (fedora-release and packagekit) can be found
>> in koji, but I just want to make sure, the right version of the
>> packages are being tested here. Which versions of these packages do
>> you have in mind?
>
> The latest PackageKit* in F9 updates now.
>
> Ignore fedora-release for now.
>
> Warren

 From at freshly installed F9 (i386, x86_64 = same result):

yum update PackageKit\* (which is PackageKit and PackageKit-libs) pulls
in the following packages:

PackageKit (updates)
PackageKit-libs (updates)
gnome-packagekit (updates)
yum-packagekit (updates)
unique (updates)

Since this was a fresh F9 installation, where PackageKit-cron and
PackageKit-devel did not appear to be available, I thought this list
might be useful too.

yum install PackageKit\* (which is PackageKit, PackageKit-libs,
PackageKit-cron and PackageKit-devel) pulls in the following packages:

PackageKit (updates)
PackageKit-libs (updates)
PackageKit-cron (updates)
PackageKit-devel (updates)
gnome-packagekit (updates)
yum-packagekit (updates)
dbus-devel (fedora)
sqlite-devel (fedora)
unique (updates)

As far as I am able to read this, not knowing if something else could
potentially change the picture, what we need in the "crossover"
repository for PackageKit appears to be:

- PackageKit
- PackageKit-libs
- PackageKit-cron
- PackageKit-devel
- gnome-packagekit
- yum-packagekit
- unique

Hope this helps. Let me know if something is off in whatever way.

/Thomas

P.S. I have an i386 and x86_64 version F9 freshly installed in vmware,
so if you need anything else, let me know.