smolt-firstboot dependencies

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Sep 7 20:11:16 UTC 2008

M> And all of that for just something you only see once.. Would be
M> best if smolt-firstboot just didn't have any dependency's or only
M> deps that are required by other must install (like python) apps as
M> well

Well, it has to do things like talk over the web, so it's going to
need some RPC libraries of some type.  I think it is, however, obvious
that the current dependency chain is excessive.

Checking the specfile, I see the python-turboflot dependency came in
with a change which was not changelogged (and did not include a
release bump), so there's no information about why that dep was
added.  The next package change was a license tag change, which
included a release bump and a build.  It is possible that something
snuck out which was not intentended.  I'm sure more will be known
tomorrow when those involved are back from the weekend.

 - J<