Proposal: Split Fedora into sub-distributions

Pavel Shevchuk stlwrt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:10:51 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Lyos Gemini Norezel
<lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pavel Shevchuk wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Lyos Gemini Norezel
>> <lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Fedora-Development - Generic development platform
>>>

>> DVD has "Development" group with libs and headers and GCC and what not.
>>

> Sure... but why not have a distribution just for the developers?

I'm developer. My CD bag has Centos 5, Fedora 6, 8, 9. i386 and
x86_64. All of them are DVDs.

At home i install gtk-devel, qt-devel, gcc, do some packaging and C++
dev. At work i install apache, php, mysql and do web dev. One size
fits all.

Lightweight desktop spin is sure nice idea (XFCE SIG is working on
it), but could you please care less about developers?

--
http://scwlab.com