To freeze, or not to freeze

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Sep 8 18:59:59 UTC 2008

> Given the "fun" we had with Alpha, I really feel that it would be
> prudent to spend a few more unfrozen days with a hopefully continually
> working rawhide installer so that we can do some of that last minute
> testing of what's wrong before we freeze, and hopefully have a shorter
> and more productive freeze period.  But this is just my opinion, and
> thus I'm putting this out there for discussion.

The Fedora releng team discussed this today at our meeting, and came to
the conclusion that slipping the freeze by 2 days (moving it from
Tuesday to Thursday) was the best we could do right now, given schedule
pressures with a major US holiday coming up (Thanksgiving).  To slip
around that we would have had to add an extra 2 weeks or so to the
schedule, and we'd rather not do that unless we have a very good
specific reason.

So unless there are any reasonable objections, we're going to move the
freeze to Thursday.  All other parts of the schedule will remain the
same.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!