Dependency loops considered harmful?

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 9 13:57:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 23:54 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Seth Vidal wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 14:42 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
> >> If it goes in /etc/yum.conf then either one could be the default.  A
> >> setting in a config file can be scripted in a kickstart, deployed by
> >> puppet, or set by an individual user once and then forgotten.
> >>

> > nod. The other option, given the code I just put in a separate script,
> > is to make it a plugin to handle the above.
> >
> > It wouldn't be hard to do and then if you wanted leaf dep removal you
> > could install/enable the plugin.
> >
> That sounds ideal.

I've written the plugin - it is in upstream yum-utils git. The next
yum-utils release (1.1.17 I think) should have it.

If you install it then all removes will get rid of unused deps from the
program(s) being removed.

To disable it just disable the plugin either by editing the plugin
config file or via --disableplugin=remove-with-leaves

-sv