Banned from Fedora Forums

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 9 18:30:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 19:23 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 14:19 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> > Oh dear.  OK, I don't know the full story here, but it appears that both
> > sides are accusing each other of being disrespectful.  They seem to
> > dislike PackageKit because it has been very broken for a long time
> > (which I agree with), however that isn't reason to ban a developer for
> > asking for debugging information with the goal of fixing it.
>
> Sure, I'm the first to admit PackageKit has it's bugs (and the 0.1.x
> series was particularly rubbish) but I'm asking users to report bugs in
> bugzilla rather than spread FUD on forums.

Speaking as someone who has taken no end of crap from people not liking
the program I spend a lot of time working on I'd like to say:

Welcome to the club, we have jackets.

I hope you get unbanned. it seems unnecessary and heavy handed. Though
I'm a little fuzzy on how posting it to fedora-devel will help resolve
the problem.

-sv